Teatro Micaelense (1951) was designed by the renowned architect Raul Rodrigues de Lima. For its historical and architectural value, the building was classiﬁed as a Public Interest Site and rehabilitated by the Azores Regional Government, reopening its doors to the public on September,2004. Before the building’s renovation, photographers Guilherme Figueiredo and Margarida Maia registered the last days of the “old” Theatre. Fifteen years passed since the beginning of its new life, we look back to these memories.
This exhibit is available, before performances, for ticket holders.